Web Content Display (Global)
Locally Assessed Languages at Continuers Level renewal
The SACE Board has a cycle of subject monitoring, review, and renewal to ensure that students have access to a relevant, contemporary, quality senior secondary education. As part of this cycle, in 2018 work began on the review and renewal of the framework for the Stage 1 and Stage 2 Locally Assessed Languages at Continuers Level.
From this work, the framework has been drafted for:
- Stage 1 Continuers Languages
- Stage 2 Continuers Languages
It is proposed that this framework will replace the current Stage 1 and Stage 2 Languages at Continuers Level subjects (Chinese, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Modern Greek, Spanish, and Vietnamese).
The renewed draft Stage 1 and Stage 2 subject outlines are now available for consultation. These drafts are in one document, which can be downloaded. Feedback can be provided via the online feedback form.
The consultation drafts will be available online from:
Thursday 11 April 2019 – Friday 24 May 2019
|Subject outline||Online survey|
|Stage 1 survey|
|Stage 2 survey|
Feedback from this consultation will inform final revisions to the subject outline for Board accreditation in July 2019.
- Stage 1 Continuers Languages will be taught for the first time in 2020.
- Stage 2 Continuers Languages will be taught for the first time in 2021.
- Stage 1 Implementation workshops will be held during Term 3, 2019.
- Stage 2 implementation workshops will be held during Term 2, 2020.