Web Content Display (Global)
2023 subject adjustments
To support schools and students with any ongoing potential pressures associated with COVID, and to maximise the existing flexibility in the curriculum and assessment, the SACE Board has approved adjustments for 2023.
The 2023 subject adjustments fall into three categories:
- continuing adjustments — subject adjustments from 2022 will continue in 2023
- additional or revised adjustments for 2023 — subjects with additional or revised adjustments to those offered last year
- no adjustments — subjects where adjustments were not offered in 2022, and will not be offered in 2023, because sufficient flexibilities already exist.
The following principles guided the adjustments for 2023:
- revisions to assessment must not compromise the integrity of senior certification or public confidence in the credentials issued to senior students in 2023
- the learning promise is upheld; students will have the opportunity to learn and develop the knowledge, skills and capabilities that are offered within each subject outline if the adjustments are utilised
- the adjustments offered honour the intent of the learning described in subject outlines while providing flexibility in the way in which the evidence of learning can be provided
- the SACE Board values the professional judgment of teachers and schools to implement the adjustments to support students to demonstrate their learning
- fairness and equity are central to the SACE and should inform any decisions made in designing and implementing adjustments to subject requirements.
The following factors affecting assessment have been taken into considerations in determining the 2023 subject adjustments:
- reducing tasks that cover the same performance standards or skills
- maintaining the balance of workload and weightings of assessment types
- providing a minimum and maximum number of assessment tasks where possible
- maintaining adequate opportunities for students to demonstrate their learning and development over the course of the year.
Subject adjustments for individual subjects can also be found under 'key documents' on each subject site.
Please direct queries to:
+61 8 8115 4700 (fax +61 8 8124 4553)
Monday to Friday, 8.30 am - 5 pm