Personal Learning Plan 2012
The Personal Learning Plan (PLP) is a compulsory 10-credit subject undertaken at Stage 1.
Students must achieve a C grade or better to complete the subject successfully and gain their SACE.
The PLP helps students to:
- plan their personal and learning goals for the future
- make informed decisions about their personal development, education, and training.
Developing goals for the future will engage students in activities such as:
- selecting subjects, courses, and other learning relevant to pathways through and beyond school
- investigating possible career choices
- exploring personal and learning goals.
Schools will generally organise for students to start the subject in Year 10 so they can plan for Years 11 and 12. Schools decide on:
- teaching and learning methods
- assessment timelines that best meet the needs of their students and the school community.
Word and PDF versions of the subject outline are also available to download and print. See the bottom of this page.
The Personal Learning Plan subject outline is reaccredited for teaching at Stage 1 from 2012.